1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Automatic Tranny Shifts From 1 to 2 are pretty firm.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by chevytruckman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. chevytruckman

chevytruckman New Member

I recently took my 04 Silverado to the dealership cause my when transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd I can feel the firm shifts. It makes my truck feel slow and slugish. They ran a diagnoses. They found nothing, the vehicle was test driven and found to be operating correctly at all times. Fluid was checked and found at correct level and in good condition. No leaks present, no DTC;s were found either, and vent tube dry indicating transmission has not been getting hot at all. What now. Does my tranny need a shift kit, I just don't know. Any info would be appreciated. :neutral:
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I had a similar issue, I would suggest getting the transmission flushed and getting the fluid changed. That's what I did for mine and the problem went away almost immediately after.
  3. chevytruckman

chevytruckman New Member

I had the transmission flushed about a year ago at a different dealership. Unless they actually didn't do it because the problem is still there.:grrrrrr:
  4. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I guess you could check the fluid and see if it needs to be changed again. Could potentially be a worse problem, such as one of the bands needing replacement in the tranny.
  5. chevytruckman

chevytruckman New Member

Thanks I'll do that. I just hate to pour more money into something that I feel should have been taken care of by now.