1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Automatic Transmission exploded views

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by unplugged, Sep 10, 2009.

1. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'd like this to be a series of exploded views of automatic transmissions. Please submit any pics/diagrams you have of GM automatic trans. (May create a manual trans version if there is enough interest)

1st up submitted by Jimmiee the 4L60E
    [​IMG]

2. Bill1996

Bill1996 New Member

Nice

Hey thats my tranny! am going to be putting one in my truck here shortly:grrrrrr:it blew up

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Here's a picture of the Quick Disconnect Cooler Line. It's the same at the radiator as it is on the transmission. Also the top line on the radiator is the return back to the transmission on most trucks.
    [​IMG]

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

OBD I is all GM up to 1995. To retrieve codes on OBD I vehicles simply jump the terminals A & B with a paper clip or cotter pin. The Check Engine Light will blink out your codes. OBD I codes are 2 digit codes. The light will blink "12" which is a 1 blink followed by 2 blinks before and after the codes are flashed out. If there are no codes you will just get the "12" which means no codes present.

[​IMG]

5. unplugged

I had to replace my hoses and instead of buying the factory lines from the dealer I bought some high quality hose and a nipple style connector/adapter that NAPA sells. My application was for a heater hose, but I'm sure they sell them for cooler lines.
    [​IMG]

6. unplugged

TH400 Exploded view #1

Here is a view of the TH400
    [​IMG]

7. unplugged

TH350 Exploded View #1

Here is a diagram of the TH350
    [​IMG]

8. kelt0004