Autoride codes C0585 and C0660

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Zak99b5, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Zak99b5

Zak99b5 Member

I realize this is forum is more geared to lifted and off-road suspension, but there isn't any regular suspension forum. So I thought I'd ask here.

I have an 01 Suburban 1500 with Autoride, and I have the "service ride control" message on the DIC (though it's not always on). Pulled the codes C0585 and C0660. I was told by the mechanic who pulled the codes that both rear shocks were shot--I believe he was referring to the airbags as being blown out.

If I get the $330ish shocks on Amazon, will that fix the codes and issues? Codes mean bad left rear solenoid and bad level exhaust valve.

Thanks.

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Let me toss out a cheap suggestion.
    Your system has sensors at each corner to monitor vehicle height. These sensors have an assembly of arms, links and pivots that move with the vehicle.
    At least, they are supposed to move.
    Last summer, I had the same message. I crawled under and WD40 every arm/link/pivot. The message went away.
    It's back again, after a long winter of water and salt, I expect the "joints" are stuck again.
    Next nice day I'll get out the WD40. This time I'll also use some grease after they're free.

Beachbourbon likes this.
  3. Beachbourbon

Beachbourbon Active Member 100 Posts

I was going to try this, but was not sure if it would work...I don't have codes, I just felt those components need some attention due to their placement and road wear. Thanks for posting this, I'll be getting under my Yukon with WD40

RayVoy likes this.
  4. Zak99b5

Zak99b5 Member

WD-40 may free up a sticky mechanism, but it won't provide lasting lubrication.

I'd spray some white grease on the moving parts for waterproof lube.

Beachbourbon likes this.
  5. RayVoy

RayVoy Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Ya gotta free it first, then lub it.

Beachbourbon likes this.