1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Autoride leaking 2000 Yukon XL

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by popeye, Jan 24, 2011.

1. popeye

popeye New Member

I did a search for post in this forum, but, could not find the answer to my needs. I have a 2000 Yukon XL 2WD with autoride. I like the autoride/self-leveling suspension and need to fix the leaks. I can hear the leak, but, I have not been able to isolate it. I am willing to buy and replace any parts that it may need. My compressor is working overtime trying to keep the suspension level. Help!!!!!
  2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I'm not aware of any common place, or problem where these leak more than any other. You are going to have to isolate the leak by following the sound. You may get lucky & it'll just be a line that needs tightening. Best to do it now before the compressor goes bellyup from overheating from trying to keep up with it.
  3. Taddpole

Taddpole Member

Here's how I find this kind of leak or other noises like this. I use a 3 foot piece of garden hose, hold one end to my ear and run the other end along suspect lines & fittings. Somewhat like a stethoscope with an extension. You should find the leak in short order.

Good luck, I hope it's not an expensive part.
  4. popeye

popeye New Member

I found that the airbag on one of the shocks was leaking. I replaced them with remanufactured rear air shocks from Arnott. Thanks