1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AUX Fuel tank in a 2006 (or later)

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by rtc, Jun 27, 2011.

1. rtc

rtc New Member

Has anyone done it? you would have to loose the spare i suppose. The stock tank is way too small. I want to get back to the 44gal. tank (like my other suburbans)
  2. If you are looking for a diesel tank, I know Titan is a popular brand!
  3. rtc

rtc New Member

no...gas. I guess no one has done it.
  4. is this a 1500 or 2500 suburban?

my buddy says you can try aerotanks.com
    he has a diesel but some of the guys he works with have gas trucks, and said this may work for you.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. rtc

rtc New Member

it a 1500...thanks i'll take a look!
  6. imsubcrazy

imsubcrazy New Member

I just spent two days searching for auxiliary tanks that are DOT legal for gasoline and only found two. One from Transfer Tanks and one from Aluminum Tank Industries. ATI posts their special permit information on their website.

I'm not saying there are not more, but this is what I found in my searches and calls to the manufacturers and sellers. Unless anyone here has a better recommendation (and I would be happy to have one) I'm going with the ATI AUX 41 RG (41 gallon gas-approved 19" h 11"deep 48" wide) which is just now being made for release in two weeks.

Pricing is about $630 delivered - no adapter kit. Requires a fuel pump, plumbing, and adapter to the fuel line. Gravity feed is not permitted. I think I will probably use the diesel adapter kit for the splice into the fuel filler line, but then custom above that point and hard plumb to the 12 VDC fuel pump.

Anyone know the ID on a 2007 GMC Sierra Classic gas/hybrid fuel filler hose?? I'm hoping it 2".
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

imsubcrazy, thanks for sharing that info!:glasses:
  8. rtc

rtc New Member

Yes Thanks! thats great Ill take a look at ATI.. does it just replace the spare tire?

---------- Post added at 06:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

did you mean Transfer Flow? or is there a "transfer tanks"

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 AM ----------

just checked with ATI...they say that tank is for the bed of a pickup..and wouldn't go in a suburban (unless you put it inside.. yikes!) or am i missing something?