Audio aux input

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by stumpaction, Sep 24, 2011.

1. stumpaction

stumpaction Rockstar

my 06 2500HD has the stock in dash 6 cd changer in it. it has an aux button on it but no where to plug anything in. anyone know where it is or is the button just for looks? i also would like to know how, or if i can change the lights on the steering wheel.

2. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

That aux button is designed with aftermarket accessories in mind such as iPod kits that "T" tap into the radio harness which makes the iPod controllable through the buttons on your deck (seek, track, volume, etc...) the aux button would then work as the source selection button for that kit. As far as plug in aux jacks, those didn't become standard until late 2007 models and newer...sorry.

3. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I would be happy to look into this for you as well with your VIN. Please feel free to contact me privately. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like zigger said, the aux button is to change to an auxiliary source - either an aftermarket iPod interface, aftermarket satellite radio, etc. OR the factory 6 disc slave cd changer that the escalade and denali used.

As for changing the light in your steering wheel button, it can be done but only if you are good with soldering. To replace the bulb itself you need to take the switch out, open it up, and change the light. Or you can replace the whole switch. The switches should just pop out the front of the steering wheel if you pry outward on them.