AUX outlet 2007 Silverado Classic?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by jkapernicus, Oct 2, 2009.

1. jkapernicus

jkapernicus New Member

I just got a used 2007 Silverado classic (i think its just a "work" truck). I see the band/aux button on the stereo face. Does that mean there is an AUX outlet behind the system somewhere? If so, how do I get to it? I'm trying to hookup my ipod. I hate those wireless transmitters. Thanks

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That AUX is what you think it is for. This isnt an aftermarket deck that has RCA/USB inputs, its for a FACTORY part. There are however factory ipod hookups you can go buy but they arent cheap, you would just be better off getting an aftermarket alpine or kenwood deck that has ipod controls built right into the deck, they have inexpensive ones that are only $100.

3. jkapernicus

jkapernicus New Member

Thanks. What if I just wanted to use a headphone jack? How would I go about adding that to my factory stereo?

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your best bet if you have an IPOD is get a new head unit or get the Alpine Bluetooth unit, it has controls for the ipod and for a bluetooth phone, and it can go from car to car without being hardwired into the stereo

5. 09lowrider

09lowrider New Member

If you are wanting to integrate Ipod control into your radio with the aux button that will display artist, title and charge your ipod this is the piece you will need. http://www.peripheralelectronics.com/?ProductId=276
    total cost is about $200 for it

If you want to go with the replacement radio with ipod control. A good radio cost about $150 min your dash kit and wiring harness cost about $150 total ($100 for the harness METRA GMOS-01, $14.99 Dash Kit 99-2003 and ant adapter 40gm10 $9.99) So to replace the radio look to be spending about $300 for parts at least for a half way decent radio.