Aux Roof Lamp

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Rockman18, Dec 21, 2013.

Newest Photos

1. Rockman18

Rockman18 New Member

I have an 04 Sierra 2500 HD with the WT package and it has the Auxiliary Roof Mounted Lamp Switch in the cab but no roof lamp and I was thinking about adding some off road lights and mounting them to my topper for when I plow. I was wondering if the wiring for the roof lamp is located in the space behind the third brake light or somewhere in the headliner so that I can use that and the switch instead of installing another switch like they did for my plow lights.

Thanks for any help, wiring is not my strong point but would like to get better at it because there are a lot of things that I would like to be able to do to my truck and it would come in handy to know what I was doing.
  2. redneck70

redneck70 New Member

The only information I could find was for a 2009 but if you have the switch located in the overhead console I'm thinking it should be the same, according to the installation instructions for a roof mounted beacon this is where it should be.

1. Remove the inside overhead console access panel/lamp lenses.
    2. The accessory harness is coil tied to the passenger’s side of the vehicle at the console inner bracket.
  3. Rockman18

Rockman18 New Member

Thanks, I don't have an overhead console and my button is located right next to the passenger airbag switch . I will just have to take out the third brake light and see if it's there and if not take the headliner off and look there.
  4. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA New Member

i know plow season is about over but, go to gmupfitter.com. the give you step by step directions where harnesses are located with pics and what not. you might find out some stuff about your truck you didnt even know
  5. Rockman18

Rockman18 New Member

Thanks I'll have to check that out