Avaburb loaded

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by gmagilla, Apr 3, 2010.

1. gmagilla

gmagilla Rockstar

Well , it's a pickup now so I guess I should use it like one . Could of shut the tail gate if just the tractor . It's a 982 SGT . I think they wiegh around 800 lbs. Had to take it , plow and tiller to my daughters house to do her garden .
    Still looking for some good lower quarters . Seem to not have time for anything the last 3 or 4 months with work being so good , everybody keep changing your oil , gives me work . The Vega is sittn gathering dust , but gettn a lot of parts lined up to back half it , frame rails , 4 link , coilovers , rear wheels & tires , headers , spool and 12 bolt housing .

100_0470.jpg

100_0471.jpg

2. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That is definitely a one of a kind truck. How much more do you have to do to it and what color are you gonna paint it?

3. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

pretty cool, deffinitly an eye catcher.

4. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

i love it!!!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2. i wanna know more about how you did it since i was thinkning about going the same route with a 1994 suburban that i am looking to pick up for CHEAP!! but its rusty, and the rear of the interior is shot..

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now that takes some balls.........:)
    But i like it:great:

7. gmagilla

gmagilla Rockstar

pmartin816
    Still need lower quarters , rockers and a little more work on the tailgate , then smooth her up and paint . Was going to go some shade of Green but changed my mind because I would need to change out the intieror , so going back the same color but maybe just Dark Blue with Silver Z28 style stripes down the hood .

murdog94
    I've got a bunch of pics. with captions in my album . The hardest part was getting the part of the roof at the rear pillar that I cut off the back to lay flat to make the back window and bulkhead area . The rear pillar is at such a angle that when I moved it forward to make the rear window the part of the roof I left attached looked like it was at a 45* angle campared to the flat roof , so I had to figure out where to cut it to get it to lay flat .I wanted the new window to be more straight up & down , then cut plexiglass for the window .
    The port windows are made from parts of the big side window and hand made parts .I also made the cowl induction hood then I saw Summit has a steel cowl to put on hoods , man would that have been easier !

shorty71
    When I saw the angle of the roof on those pillars 012_12.jpg when I moved it up to the cut out roof over the rear seat ( I knew the rear pillar was at a pretty good angle , but not that much:gasp: ) my balls sucked right up in my throat and I thought I riuned a nice old Burb :rofl:.

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for the info..