1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Avaburb loaded

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by gmagilla, Apr 3, 2010.

1. gmagilla

gmagilla Rockstar

Well , it's a pickup now so I guess I should use it like one . Could of shut the tail gate if just the tractor . It's a 982 SGT . I think they wiegh around 800 lbs. Had to take it , plow and tiller to my daughters house to do her garden .
    Still looking for some good lower quarters . Seem to not have time for anything the last 3 or 4 months with work being so good , everybody keep changing your oil , gives me work . The Vega is sittn gathering dust , but gettn a lot of parts lined up to back half it , frame rails , 4 link , coilovers , rear wheels & tires , headers , spool and 12 bolt housing .

100_0470.jpg

100_0471.jpg

2. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That is definitely a one of a kind truck. How much more do you have to do to it and what color are you gonna paint it?

3. Coolrado

Coolrado Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

pretty cool, deffinitly an eye catcher.

4. Thundare

Thundare Rockstar 100 Posts

i love it!!!

5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2. i wanna know more about how you did it since i was thinkning about going the same route with a 1994 suburban that i am looking to pick up for CHEAP!! but its rusty, and the rear of the interior is shot..

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Now that takes some balls.........:)
    But i like it:great:

7. gmagilla

gmagilla Rockstar

pmartin816
    Still need lower quarters , rockers and a little more work on the tailgate , then smooth her up and paint . Was going to go some shade of Green but changed my mind because I would need to change out the intieror , so going back the same color but maybe just Dark Blue with Silver Z28 style stripes down the hood .

murdog94
    I've got a bunch of pics. with captions in my album . The hardest part was getting the part of the roof at the rear pillar that I cut off the back to lay flat to make the back window and bulkhead area . The rear pillar is at such a angle that when I moved it forward to make the rear window the part of the roof I left attached looked like it was at a 45* angle campared to the flat roof , so I had to figure out where to cut it to get it to lay flat .I wanted the new window to be more straight up & down , then cut plexiglass for the window .
    The port windows are made from parts of the big side window and hand made parts .I also made the cowl induction hood then I saw Summit has a steel cowl to put on hoods , man would that have been easier !

shorty71
    When I saw the angle of the roof on those pillars 012_12.jpg when I moved it up to the cut out roof over the rear seat ( I knew the rear pillar was at a pretty good angle , but not that much:gasp: ) my balls sucked right up in my throat and I thought I riuned a nice old Burb :rofl:.

8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for the info..