1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalance Dash Conversion [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by blackberrylive, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackberrylive

blackberrylive New Member

Not sure where to post this but her goes.

I'm tall, no real tall. To be comfortable in any car I need space between the dash and the front seat for my bent leg to be able to lay over to the side so that my knee does not hit the dash. Everyone's love for a full center console that reaches from the dash to the floor board and the manufacturer's response of making all vehicles in that style is my worst nightmare.

That said, the new Silverado dash is just what i'm looking for but I want a Tahoe or an Avalanche. The latter of those three however have a portion of the center console that extends down from the main dash board about 4" even if you get them with a bench seat. That's just enough so that my knee rams into it when i get it and rides uncomfortably against it while i'm driving. My question, is ther a way to retro fit a Silverado dash to a Tahoe or Avalanche? Are there any other tall guys out there that have made modifications to the lower portion of their dash to accomodate long legs? I don't want to simply push the seat rails back because I would rob what leg room there is behind me and frankly, I doubt I could get a car seat back there then.

The first pic below illustrates the challenge in an bench seat avalanche. The second pic is a Silverado dash and what I'd like to incorporate into an Avalanche or Tahoe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like an interesting project! Should you happen to get an avalanche and do this conversion... and you get rid of the brushed aluminum trim pieces in the dash... let me know i would be interested in getting them because i think they will fit my silverado dash to replace the burlwood pieces
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.