1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche 3rd Brake Light Removal?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by dobey, Jan 11, 2013.

1. dobey

dobey Member

Anyone know how to remove the 3rd brake light in the Avalanche?

I can find videos/instructions all day for the Tahoe/Escalade/Trailblazer, but nothing for the Escalade EXT or Avalanche. Got a new light and want to install it this weekend, but I can't find any instructions on-line, and the new LED light bar didn't come with any.

Please tell me I don't have to pull all the rear interior out to get at it.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Did I hear my Name??? Kidding.. Remove the Torx screws on top and 2 on the bottom of the Upper cladding around the light, After pull it off But be careful First there are clips that it slides off of and there is dbl stick tape on top that you will have to pull the cladding off of.. Thats it.. the light is held in there with 2 screws. IMG_1836.jpg IMG_1822.jpg
  3. dobey

dobey Member

Thanks. I was able to get the cladding off just fine, only to discover the light I bought has no way to mount up, so I had to return it.

Which one are you using? I got an Anzo, which said it would fit, but the mounting setup is completely different from what the factory light on my truck uses.
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Can you show me a pic of it? I'm using IPCW on my 3rd brake light and my tails..
  5. dobey

dobey Member

Already shipped it back, but it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038B9GK...iveASIN=B0038B9GKS&adid=0F71VVZFPV0QWZENYV7G&

Looking on the Anzo site for that part number, it doesn't list Avalanche at all. Do the SUVs have a different mount for the light underneath? Was behind a newer Tahoe earlier and they look like they're probably the same light from the outside at least. Anyway, this Anzo light doesn't fit the Avalanche at all. I'll check out the IPCW options.
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Yes they are different.. That one will NOT fit the Avalanche...

- - - Updated - - -

Here from IPCW..

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD="width: 50%, align: center"][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD="class: itemspix, width: 50%, align: center"][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: productdescript"]
    [TD]Crystal Clear (LED3-360C)[/TD]
    [TD]Bermuda Black (LED3-360CB)[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR="class: productdescript"]