Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche axle seal replace

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Geddy6, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Geddy6

Geddy6 New Member

Hi:
    I am Geddy6:
    I am a Waterwaste Water plant technician and accomplished musician. I own a 2006 Avalanche. I live in Bobcaygeon Ontario Canada.
    The problem I am having is this. I have to replace the rear axle seal and bearing. I have taken off both rotors, drained differential oil, removed 7mm bolt that holds the retaining bolt, rotated the differential so the area that allows the "C" clips to fall out when the axle is pressed in towards the differential. When I press the axle in the"C" clips will not fall out so I can remove the axle. I noticed a block inside the differential between the spider gears. Is this to be removed also or what should I do to take the axle out? It's going down to minus six tomorrow so I would like to finish this fast. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
    Thank-you