1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche - Body Cladding or not?

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 1, 2007.

?

What do you think of body cladding?

1. I like the body cladding, it should be an option.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. I hate it. Never again!

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. It was good on the early years, but not for now.

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

2002 and 2003 Avalanches offered a unique look with plastic body cladding. It was an mid-year option to get your Avalanche w/o the cladding.

So, here's the poll. What do you like, and should it be an option again?
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I think it should have stayed an option. If you don't like it, don't order your Avalanche with it. If you do, then get it. I think it was a mistake to sell it with the cladding mandatory, offer as an option, and then take it away all together.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I with Patrick on this one. People can be really inconciderate of other vehicles in the parking lots. So Armour from top to bottom is not a bad idea. Besides it makes them look tougher.
  4. Davandy

Davandy Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I didn't like it on the first models it had that cheap look :neutral: too much plastic.
    That's just my opinion I like the second model.:smile:
  5. 97Tahoe

97Tahoe New Member

The claded model also had the parking lights above the headlights. The uncladed has a regular truck front end.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

I knew the location of the parking lights and head lights were opposite the regular truck models, but I wasn't aware it mattered if it were cladded or not.

So in the 2003 mid year models where the cladding was an option, did the headlights move location(from mid to top) based on cladding or not?