1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche / Escallade receiver step

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Jun 3, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

This is pretty cool, it's advertised as a way to get into the truck tent, but it could be used just to get into the back I guess.

[​IMG]

Step easy into the pick-up truck tent with the TruckStep. The support strut slides easily from underneath vehicle to provide step platform. Locks in place in and out. Platform flips to horizontal position and locks into place Installs in seconds Heavy duty (500 lb capacity) No slip step surface Stores conveniently. Fit in 2" receiver mounted on the back of most vehicles.

http://www.lakelandgear.com/truck-tent-reciever-step-hh4045.aspx
  2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I’ve seen something like that advertised aftermarket , before. Just slips in existing hitch.

Interesting idea, I always just step on the trailer ball myself. But for those who don’t have one, or want to bang their leg on the trailer ball every time they walk by it. It sounds and looks like a good idea.
  3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If they didn't change the style of bumper in the first place, that step wouldn't be necessary. Oh well.

Oh, and I hate it when I'm not paying attention and slam my leg into the ball on the hitch.
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That usually leaves a mark too....Ouch!
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The nerve damage is my favorite part. I slammed my shin into the ball/hitch on one of my previous vehicles, and now the front of my shin is numb all the time. :sleep: