1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche Owners - How often do you open it up?

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Hey Avalanche owners - I'm just curious how often you really use the convertible nature of the Avalanche and open up the cargo area to the cab of the truck.

I imagine there are owners that do this frequently, and those that never do it. I'm looking for an average of everyone I guess, just for the sake of curiosity.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I drive with the rear window out all the time..

3. biggmachz

biggmachz New Member

i owned my ave for 3 years today! only had the back window out once!

4. Enkeiavalanche

If you have a sunroof also it's like a Convertable.... I love it....:great:

5. Flint4x4

Flint4x4 New Member

If you had a Maple tree with a canopy that damn near covers the entire block,... I've had an Avalanche since June 2001.

I think I only took the rear window out once this year because I haven't gone anywhere far from the tree.

6. colebulen

colebulen New Member

Rarely have I ever had the rear window out...

7. FFLB

FFLB New Member

You must be having good weather up in NY. Where in North Jersey will you be returning? My first 55 yrs. were in Morris County.

8. Enkeiavalanche

In Glen Rock now about 2 miles from Paramus The retail hub of the world...

9. FFLB

FFLB New Member

Retail hub for sure. I did Jr. Practicum in Paramus in'67 and some masonary work in Glen Rock in the early 70's - a nice area.

I also love the sun roof; with it and the windows open, it's very convertible-like.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  10. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

In 4 years, ive only used the midgate or opened the rear window probably 4 times.