1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche Rear Bumper On A Sierra?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by DrakeC504, Jun 28, 2012.

1. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

I don't know about y'all but I like the new style Avalanche's rear bumpers! Aren't both the Avalanche and the Sierra/Silvarado mounted on the same frame? Has anyone tried to put a Avalanche rear bumper on their truck? Does anyone at least know if it could be done before I spend the money to try it?
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If the Sub and Tahoe is the same as the Silverado it wil fit..
  3. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

It will fit. I have seen silverados with the "Avalanche front conversion". So the rear should fit as well.
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Active Member 1000 Posts

One thing to note here is that the SUVs (Avalanche, Suburban, Tahoe, etc.) have the top of the bumper reach further toward the front of the vehicle under the tailgate than the trucks do (on the outside parts of where the tailgate is).

The Avalanche bumpers are the same bumper style as he 99-06 trucks and SUVs used. I saw one on a newer truck once, so I know it can be done.

The next problem is that the 07+ trucks have the bumper wrap right around on the box and the box has an indentation there to accomodate that bumper. If you put the 99-06/2002-current avalanche style bumper on, it won't wrap into that spot and you will notice the indentations in the box that aren't covered by the bumper anymore.

All that being said, I really like the bumper cover that comes on the upscale models of the 2007+ Avalanches. They just go over top of the basic Avalanche bumper and with the bumpers being the same from the generation I have to the current one, I would put one of those covers on my bumper if my budget would allow it.