1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avalanche wheels on a Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by armand71, Jun 7, 2008.

1. armand71

armand71 New Member

I found a great deal on a set of wheels and would like to know if the 17" wheels from a newer Avalanche will fit on my 1997 Tahoe. I have heard the back spacing is different but haven't seen any proof. Thanks!
  2. black jack

black jack New Member 100 Posts

tell ya what where do you live ive took off the wheels and tires off my 05 av and if you live close by we could see. i be lieve the spacing is 15 because thats what i replaced mine with. ive even got a set of 3 rims so if your interested i could give you a deal you could not refuse if they are what you are looking for.
  3. armand71

armand71 New Member

Thanks for the offer but I'm a few thousand miles away from you and with the gas prices these days I think I'll stay local.
  4. crane3447

crane3447 New Member 100 Posts

Should work no problem. I have seen many trucks form '89 -'98 with rims off a newer truck on them. It looks and works great. Just watch your tire selection. They may rub at full turn if you pick to large of a tire.

I'm actually looking at a set of rims off a '08 3/4 ton for my '97 3/4 ton Serria. I've asked a local custom shop I trust and they told me that I'll work just fine
  5. armand71

armand71 New Member

Thanks! That's just what I wanted to hear. :great: