1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Avoid.. Advance Auto Parts

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by murdog94, Oct 12, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. BrownPats420

BrownPats420 New Member 100 Posts

Advanced auto is a joke here, You know when you go back at least once (3 times one time) there doing there job right.
  2. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

I prefer to go to Oriellys myself, they are always waiting to help me, or so it feels. I have had bad experiences with Autozone around by me, I have never been to Advance Auto.
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Well its a good thing then that we don't have one here.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

you guys must be in bigger towns. the napas I went to in minnesota were real nice guys. pull up all sorts of stuff to make sure I got the right parts. small towns tho, no dealers to supply, so all they had was walk ins.

now that I think about it, the Napa here in VB wasnt very good, the advance Ive been to a few times has been much better.

Alex
  5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 New Member 100 Posts

I really like Napas, but most of them have closed around me. The guys are always helpful and nice. I swear that every time I go to Autozone they try and tell me how to work on my cars or truck. I tell them that I know what I am doing and they think that their way is better. It's like no offense but you guys are minimum wage workers who don't have a background in auto and I have been doing this for years, so can I just have my part.
  6. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 New Member 100 Posts

I have always gone to AutoZone or OReillys, since those are the only parts/accessories stores in Idaho, no Advanced Auto Parts here.
  7. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I try and buy my parts on line when it is possible and practical. There is often free shipping, no sales tax, quality choices and I don't have to hear they are not in stock. I once had a guy at Autozone try and sell me the wrong part. I told him so, he insisted it was correct but it was not even the correct shape. So I walked out looked under my truck (it was the gasket between cats and the muffler) walked back in and told him what I had. He said his catalog did not show anything but what he had on the counter.

I went home took the gasket off, drove my wife's car to Oreilly's purchased the part and stopped by Autozone on the way home to show the guy what was under the truck. Did he care? I doubt it. Did I make my point that neither he, nor his catalog know as much about a Chevy truck as me? Yup!
  8. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It is a sad state when a manager has proof how much business you have given his store and still does nothing to help.
  9. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I didnt give him a chance i was so pissed after we looked everything up. i didnt want to have him make it right i just wanted to be done and move on rather than deal with their lousy customer service.
    What is sad is the guys at Oreileys already know my name and account. they are also willing to bend over backwards to get me the help that i may need. and they also keep the couple of idiots that they have working there away from me. One of them got into a discussion with me about the virtues of the 3.1L 3.3L and 3.8L V-6. i stopped when he said that the 3.1L was junk and so was the 3.8L and the 3.3L was the best ever made.. Made me laugh when the other guy came up and said i got this guy, can you go restock some shelves.. I dont want my ass kissed but i want service! im here spending alot of money to keep my vehicles on the road so take care of me and you better believe i will be back especially owning the high milage beaters that i like to run! GRRR why did i have to check this it just reminded me that i need to order my new alt, and serp belt LOL.
  10. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sit down and count to ten.
    I can appreciate what you are saying. Businesses are in business to make money. What is the best way to make money? Take care of the people that come in to your establishment. The best advertisement is word of mouth. Although that also works the other way. Bad recomendations travel just as fast.