1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AVOID!! Firestone tire stores

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by murdog94, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Well this is why News shows like 20/20 and others have WARNED people many times to stay away from Firestone,GoodYear and Sears stores...... They first hire Back yard Mechnics and train them THERE way of doing Biz.. (Make as BIG of Profit as you can for the Co!!) They showed many times where people would go in the the stores with something simple and people would walk out with a LARGE Bill.. Some even Sold goods that were NEVER NEEDED!!! Or did a little fixing for them selfs for you to THINK that something is wrong... Do a search and you will find what I am talking about.. JUst find a Good Local guy that has been doing it for years and has GOOD Ref's from friends and the BBB. You will find that he knows more and is very fair with the price.. BUT also remember They have to make a living too...His Snap-on tools are not cheap...
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Active Member 1000 Posts

i shopped a firestone dealer once for some tires.... was gonna be almost 900 bucks for some tires, and only on 16 inch wheels, went to another tire shop got the same exact tires done for just a hair under 600.

Alex
  3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

I had an 06 silverado that was a company truck. I had to take it to fleet authorized shop, and Firestone was the closest one. I drove the truck for 2years from the time it was new. The company put 3 sets of front brake pads on that truck. It only had 40-50 k miles. It got to the point that if I wanted to stay out of the office for the day just take the truck to the firestone. That was the one at Wyoming Valley Mall in Wilkes Barre PA.
  4. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

Isn't it amazing? Bad economy,lots of competition,and no customer service. You would think companies would be bending over backward to thrive and survive. Instead they bend us over. My father and grandfather are rolling in their graves. They taught me that happy customers come back, bring their friends, and buy more. What has happened to the American way?????
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

What has happened to the American way????? It's called Do It Yourself!!!
  6. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 New Member

We always did DIY. But the parts store, motels, etc. wanted our patronage. Now they don't care. If you don't like it go somewhere else is the attitude. No wonder local commerce is down and more folks shop online. To avoid the "your bothering me" attitude at the stores. The same with GM, Ford. Mopar etc. build it as cheap as you can and don't stand behind it when there is a problem. Unless you can get enough media coverage(Toyota brakes, etc.) to force them.
  7. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

The sad thing is the large chains are forcing the mom and pop operations out of business. They are the ones who cared about the customer, their lively hood depended on it.
    1 person likes this.
  8. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

I have had good experiences at the local Sears Automotive shop.
    Prior to my purchase of a new 2010 GMC Savana I had an old beater 1979 Chevy Van that I use for camping & hauling my kayak.

The old van wouldn't start so I had it towed to a local shop. They replaced the rotor for $160 and when I came to pick it up it wouldn't start. Then they tried to gouge me for another $600+ for a distributor, wires, plugs full tune up.
    I got the hell out of there and went to sears.
    They gave me the lowest price on new plugs, wires, distributor, a few belts, air filter, oil change, labor, tuneup etc. It was like a little over $300 for all the parts and labor. They got it running great.

If you think Sears or Firestone are bad....MIDAS and Just Brakes are flat out crooked thieves that cheat the hell out of people. I have no idea how they get away with the rip offs they constantly pull on people all over the country. Just needing New pads turns into $1000+ brake jobs.
  9. Crispyt

Crispyt New Member

Yeah ive seen Firestone do that before. I work at Autozone and handle some of the commercial accounts. One of them is Firestone and they orderednew front rotors for a 2007 Cobalt which were about 45$ each. They got 2 of them. Turns out that the cobalt was my buddies and they charged him 125$ a piece for them. Not including time and labor costs. But its not like its just Firestone, other places do the same thing too. Thats why I do all my repairs that I can. Having a shop fix my truck is like letting some other guy take my girlfiend on a date. :no:
  10. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

Are you guys aware of YELP.com? If not you should be. There is a page for your home town and you get to read and write reviews of local businesses. SO you can go on Yelp and tell other folks in your community how lousy the local Firestone store has been to you. This benefits others and helps hold businesses accountable. You can read and write reviews for any local business, restaurants, auto shops whatever. So before you frequent a business you can see what others have to say about it.
    http://www.yelp.com/reno-nv