1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

avoid this vendor

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by trackbird, Mar 25, 2008.

1. trackbird

trackbird New Member

I just want to spread the word that autopartswarehouse.com pretty much sux. I bought a bed mat that was advertised to fit my truck. After 3 days, I decided to check delivery by the tracking number. I discovered that the tracking number was from a UPS delivery made 2 years ago. I asked autopartswarehouse.com if they could help me, but they said I needed to contact UPS. I contacted UPS, who said the tracking number originates with the vendor. I never got the correct number because the mat was delivered in another 3 or 4 days.
    The advertisement said the bed fits Silverado HD 2500 and can be trimmed to fit a 6.5 foot bed. "Easy enough", I won’t have to trim it for my 8 foot bed. Wrong. The mat they shipped me was only 6.5 feet long. It does not fit my truck (I ordered the correct mat from a different company and it fits.)

autopartswarehouse.com will allow me to ship it back to them at my own expense, and they may give me a credit in up to 4 weeks. Return shipping is $47 thru FedEx. So I am basically stuck w/ an extra bed mat, because I won’t lose another $47 after the experience I’ve had w/ them so far. They haven’t posted any of my ratings of the product on their website, and didn’t respond to my evaluation of their "service." They do, however, continue to send emails to me advertising their "great deals." Don’t buy from this website unless you are prepared for problems.
    If someone needs a 6.5 foot bedmat in the Northern VA or WV panhandle, shoot me a message and we can make a deal.
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

3. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i ordered my gibson exhaust from them 17 weeks later it showed up at my door and it was the wrong exhaust it was for a ford. boy i was screaming considering that i paid for next business day UPS
  4. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

wow thanks for the heads up guys... sorry for your problems
  5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Return policies

It seems to me that a lot of companies are cutting back on their return policies lately. That's what this seems to be. Sorry to hear about your troubles, especially if they sent the wrong product. Did you pay by Credit card, call the company saying that you didn't get what you ordered.
  6. jerr7

jerr7 New Member

I agree about parts wharhouse they do sux i buy from www.gmpartsclub.com no problem with returns and prices are great caution i usually do a deligent search on anything i purchase and beleive me there are alot bad companies on line and as i stated i think auotanything is one of the best MOHO
    jerry
  7. TahoeFever

I actually had to call the credit card company and put a claim in..funny though the person that took my claim actually was the one who sold me his duel exhaust ! half the price :)
  8. johnnyr

johnnyr New Member

I had a problem too

I ordered a pair of hatch struts for my 99 Blazer. The price was great but the parts that came in were for some kind of toy car. Put the two together and they would be long enough for one, lol.

I didn't know they had such a history, thanks for bringing it out.
  9. trackbird

trackbird New Member

low price guarantee

I haven't had any luck w/ their low price guarantee, either. I sent them an email telling them that I ultimately found the correct fitting mat (from the same manufacturer) for $59 at Truck Candy.com. I paid $79 at autopartswarehouse.com, so I asked for the low price guarantee refund. I haven't heard from them.
    :grrrrrr:
  10. TahoeFever

No kidding!!!!....give them a call and talk to someone that speaks english ..you might get somewhere