1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Awesome new idea ~ Spotlight on truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by BigMike2011, Oct 30, 2011.

1. BigMike2011

BigMike2011 Member

Hey guys i havent been on here a while cause school is picking up but a new idea dawned on me on my way back. So i was on the highway on my way back to school when i passed a game warden in a crew cab nbs truck. Thats when i saw it... he had one of the spot lights that police officers have kinda where the door meets the frame on the drivers side. I was immediately struck with envy haha. Not only would it look pretty cool but it would be handy on the farm and when we go hunting. But i have no idea what so ever where to get my hands on one and how to put it in if i do. Would i try looking around on the internet or maybe going to a junk yard and seeing if they have any wrecked cop cars or what? If it turns out that there would be alot of drillin and tearing up the interior i might just have to pass on it but i wanna look into it. What do yall think?
    Thanks!

2. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

guy in our town has 2 of them on his Dakota....look ok....I'm not sure if they would look better on
    a larger vehicle.......great idea for the farm or huntin, though !!!

3. dpeter

dpeter Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Great in the city too for lighting up addresses and street signs.

4. gatormike69

gatormike69 Rockstar 100 Posts

5. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

That is a good idea for what you are using it for. Heck I know guys that have it just for looks, not sure about that. But if it is going to be used for hunting like you said, works for me.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

easier to get a spotlight you can plug into a cig lighter and hold it/ use a window mount. unless your planning on using it alot, the window mount will be cheaper and easier, and you wont be tearing up ur interior.

Alex

7. hotrodking86

hotrodking86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I agree, ripping up the interior and possibly having road noise come through that hole, I would consider my options before deciding.

8. Nate Edwards

Nate Edwards New Member

You can order them from places like Galls or any company that sells police products for vehicles. They require you to cut a portion of the door out to make room for the shaft of the light but they do come with gaskets to seal the hole from the elements. They only down side to that type of light is they produce a lot of heat and can damage your paint if not careful.

9. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

10. TMair

TMair Member

When I was a kid we always had them on our trucks, we used them when we would go to pick up cars that were broke down in the night...mostly, we did use them when in the mountains too.
    If they are put on right they look nice, and where the shaft goes through the piller they seal up nice, I wouldn't mind having one on my Burb.
    Terry