B&M ratchet shifter

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 04SilveradoMykk, Sep 13, 2009.

1. 04SilveradoMykk

04SilveradoMykk Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey Guys,

This morning I decided I'd install that B&M ratchet shifter I've had sitting in the garage for the past couple of weeks. I was thinking it was going to be a bigger job than it really was, I started around 8a and was done by 11a.

Please excuse the poor picture quality, I forgot my digital camera. But instead had my digital camcorde. So we're seeing here are video stills.

Mounted the shifter, ran the cable down to the trans.
    [​IMG]

The shift bracket for the 700r4 trans, essentially the same thing as the 4L60E in the truck.

[​IMG]

Pulled out the column shuft arm, but left the assembly in place. Making sure the OE shifter was in the park position.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And there it is, I couldn't be happier with the results. It works phenomenally and now I can rest my hand on the T-handle while driving

[​IMG]

Here's a short vid of it working
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGoSAweWfGc"]YouTube - B&M floor ratchet shifter in a 2004 Silverado[/ame]

Cheers ~Mykk

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Very cool. Can't wait to see the flamethrower video!
    Like that hood/hinge setup you have too.:glasses:

You should do a quick write up and post it in the "how to" section.

I've always liked the B&M shifter. I plan on putting one in my next project.

3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mykk you are the master I swear, every time I see your truck it just impresses the hell out of me! The B&M looks awesome in the truck, and I think you'll be happy with it. My dad has the same shifter in his street rod and he loves it, I remember when he first bought the car I thought that it had a line lock in it. :no:

The flame throwers look awesome under the truck, that looks like a good setup compared to some of the cheaper one's I have seen. One question though? Are you going to leave the exhaust pipes at such a downward angle with the flame throwers, because that could be real dangerous depending on the right or wrong conditions. I just wouldn't want to see you or your truck get messed up, anyways great work as always look forward to seeing future work on your truck. :great: