1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Baby coming home tonight! Whew

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 9, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts, words and prayers over the last three months. As I mentioned on here before, my wife's water broke when she was 22 weeks pregnant back on the morning of April 7.

Giving birth then would have meant a dead baby. :-( But, we were able to keep her in the hospital for a greuling 9 weeks and 2 days, in which she was on strict bed-rest. Often she didn't get up in a given day except for maybe 15 minutes total time to walk to the bathroom and back to bed. She got a 30 minute wheelchair ride each day as well.

Labor started once, and she took a big dose of Magnesium, which stopped the labor (I think at 29 weeks), but labor started again at 32 weeks (8 weeks early) and the little guy was born on June 10 at 1:34 in the AM (due date was August 4).

So today is July 9th, and he's been up there for a full month now and we just got word that he's ok to come home!

I'm packing up right now to drive up there and bring the little guy home!
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

A BIG Congrats Steve to you and your Family....... May you all be in Good Health....
  3. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member

Congrats Steve. Having experienced NICU myself, I do feel your relief!
  4. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats Steve. I'm sure you'll be happy to have him home. My sister-in-law had something similar happen and was bedridden for a month in the hospital, no fun. My niece is now 12 and 5' 10" tall, so no worries about premies growing strong and healthy.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Congrats steve glad to hear the good news
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

That is great news Steve, I've had you in my thoughts since I first heard about this, every time I've held my latest granddaughter, Kaylyn, I've said a small prayer for you and yours.
  7. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts

I'm so glad you are able to finally bring him home. Heres to health and good times for your family in the future.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

That is great news. My wife and I are very happy for all of your family.
  9. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts

Glad to hear that Steve. That's great news. This has been a long road for you three.
  10. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts

Congrats Steve! I know you and your family are ready for things to settle down.