1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Baby is here

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Thanks for being patient everyone.

Nine weeks ago, my pregnant wife's amniotic sac ruptured at 23 weeks gestation. (That's not good). 75% of the time that means that labor starts in 3 days. (Again, that's not good). We made it past 3 days and she was in the hospital for 9 weeks and just gave birth at 32 + 6 to a baby boy.

He came out screaming, 5 lbs and 15 3/4 inches long and will be in the NICU for a couple of weeks at least.

Afterwards, I shared a cup of coffee outside with the doctor and enjoyed the cool night air, considering it's been so hot lately. We were near the doctor's parking lot when the NICU doctor came running out. He was out of breath and said that he had been looking for me and that he didn't have long. My mind was going 100 MPH! What could it be?

He said that he knew I was a car guy and asked if he should consider getting a leveling kit on his new Silverado if he goes up a tire size or two.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats Steve..... Glad to see all is well and you have something new to Mod......
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats Steve!!! Sounds like a pretty cool Dr.!
  4. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congratulations. Having been through some difficult pregnancies myself, it's nice when the outcome is positive.
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Congrats! All five of ours were C-section (she's not lazy, just built that way).

Glad to hear things are going well, we'll be thinking of you. See if the doc will do some professional courtesy exchange - truck advice for NICU charges...

Good luck,
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Congrats Steve! Sounds like the baby is fine, how about your wife?
  7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Congrats Steve. I'm glad everybody's healthy. That NICU Dr oughta be slapped up side the head & given some remedial training in opening dialogue. I'll bet he scared the crap outta you.
  8. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Congrats! Hope Mom, baby, and you are all doing well! Have you picked out a name yet?
  9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Congrats Steve, now you can start planning the next one.
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Congrats Steve. x2 what Stephan said. That must've scared the heck out of you. Glad everyone is well.