1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Back... and found my future new (to me) truck! 01 GMC 2500HD, have some questions!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 08_rado_rocker, May 6, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

OK, first off.. i guess im back from my little haiatus i took lol. I know everyone missed me like crazy and all.. LMFAO! Anyways, I had been talkin about finding either a 1/2 ton 4x4 or 3/4 diesel 4x4 before i left, and well... needless to say i had a stoke of awesome luck and a girl i went on a date with in NM had a roommate with this: 2001 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4x4 6.6 Duramax/Alison transmission. Upon getting in good with him and talking to him about selling it.. The "FOR SALE" pricetag to me is $800. No.. no zeros are missing, $800.

The catch/problems with the truck:

#7 injector is bad, valvebody in the transmission is bad, and the shift cable is broken (from him getting pissed about the valvebody haha), There is no back bumper, the front grille is uhh.. almost all there?

Needless to say, I'm getting a pretty awesome deal on it, but would like some input on the injector AND on the valvebody on the transmission, as neither of these i have any experience with.

Any help you guys can give is appreciated as always!!
    :sign0021:

2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Valvebody I have done twice but not on an Allison so I don't know if it is different or not. 800$ is a steal...how many miles on it?

3. 08_rado_rocker

To be honest bro.. i dont even know. at 800 bucks i basically overlooked that haha

4. rileyjr16

Haha I don't blame you.

5. 08_rado_rocker

Haha, I'm gonna go get it next month from Hobbs, NM (about an hour n a half drive.. 55 mins down the back roads in Truck Norris lol). How you been bud?

6. rileyjr16

About as good as good can be I guess. My hood flew up on my damn truck and I have 2 nice creases on my hood now and we had a good bit of rain that flooded some of the town a few days ago but everything is dried up now. How you been?

7. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Rado, welcome back man. And Congrats on that steal. I'd hav eoverlooked the mileage too as the Allison's gotta be worth that much in parts. Good to have you back.

8. 08_rado_rocker

Youre supposed to make sure the hood is securely latched before you go hauling 100 mph down the highway bro! lol.. i learned that lesson with my buddy in his drag mustang.. forgot to pin the hood down before making a test run on a new motor build.. one fiberglass hood, windshield, body work to the roof, cleanup of the hood that exploded, and a change of underwear later.. lesson learned hahaha. ive been good, just keepin busy with work and planning projects!

Good to be back bro! And thanks, i'm actually gonna give him a grand for it (cause he's cool... and i like his roommate alot, she's hot as hell lol), but still well worth it! you still plannin on replacing those headlights sometime in the future?

9. rileyjr16

Lol wasn't even doing 20mph but it was partially closed since I was adjusting my headlights. Was just going test the spread n the 100 yard drive to the subdivision entrance down the road and it flew up. Sad thing is I've went 80mph 35 miles to Baton Rouge with it partially closed that I didn't know it was partially closed.