Back end of my truck is smashed. :(

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by zachmilz, Jul 28, 2011.

1. zachmilz

zachmilz Rockstar 100 Posts

As many of y'all know, I shaved my tailgate and put a roll pan on.. I was visiting my family in Surfside Beach a couple weeks ago and on the way home an older model Dodge Ram with a grille guard hit me from behind at a red light and ran. I chased him down Highway 6 in speeds up to 110 mph but backed off because I was alone and didn't want to get shot or something. The thing is, my tailgate and roll pan are demolished so right now I have nothing on the back of my truck but my light bar. I'm not going to file a hit and run through my insurance because I'm already paying close to $300 a month and don't want my insurance to go up. I'm going to buy a new tailgate and shave it, maybe get another roll pan but weld this one into my bed, shave my 3rd brake light, maybe gas door, and maybe taillights if I go with LED strips in the roll pan. I'm kind of considering getting a stock bumper and having it painted silver to match my truck and put a hitch on just so this doesn't happen again. What are you guy's thoughts? Thanks.
    Ass end smashed.jpg

2. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Damn that sucks Zach. Not only cuz of all the work you already put in it, but now having to do it all over again. Do you have "uninsured accident" or "uninsured motorist" on your policies in Texas to cover the uninsured mo fos & the hit & run low lifes? If so wouldn't this cover the damage without raising your premimums? It might be worth a call to your agent & ask. Obviously the damage is in the back & ins. companies deem the person that rams you from behind at fault in 99% of the accidents.

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Did you take down his Plate? Thats all you had to do...

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

That really sucks, sorry dude. Of course he was most likly driving some **** box with no insurance.:grrrrrr:

5. zachmilz

zachmilz Rockstar 100 Posts

Getting his license plate number is the only thing I wish I would have done. I was so pumped up on adrenaline by going that fast through mild traffic that I didn't even think to get his license plate number down. I've really been considering selling my truck from all of this. I have buyers that are willing to pay $6500.