1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

back in a full-size baby!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by javojjaaf, Aug 10, 2008.

1. javojjaaf

javojjaaf Member

whats up fokes, my name is josh. im 22 years old, from columbus ga and am in my third year of service in the air force here at barksdale air force base in bossier city/shreveport, louisiana. my first vehicle was a 89' chevy 1500 cheyenne reg. cab short bed 2wd with a 4.3 and a five speed. my dad bought it new and gave it to me when i started driving with about 240,000 miles on it. i drove it till it had about 300,000 miles on it and the tranny and motor gave out in the same week. had to sell it for some extra money (ring for my wife) and that was that. now i have been through a 04 canyon, a 98 jimmy/envoy and now my 98 z71 ext. cab with 103,000 miles on it. i have always been a chevy guy and love the one im in now! hope to get to know you all!
  2. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

congrats and welcome!!!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I bought my son a '89 that has a little over 300K on it now and it is a new 4.3L, I think the tranny is still holding up though! How much longer do you have in the Air Force?
  4. sheep

sheep Rockstar 100 Posts

welcome :D and thanks for your service to our wonderful country!, we need some pics of the truck as soon as you can get them :D
  5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!
  6. javojjaaf

javojjaaf Member

i only have a year left unless i re-up for another four...but we will see how that goes. you say it has a new 4.3...rebuilt or newer year? is it a five speed? mine had the getrag five speed and it started to not disengage fully, so i took it to the shop. on the way the engin blew a head gasket and started to steam real bad out the tail pipes like fog. i go to the shop and the tech came out to check it and when he turned the key the engin spun twice and hydrolocked. i could have had him replace it, rebuild it, or put a 350 in it from a 87 corvette which i should have done. insted i got a 04 canyon for reliability because i drove 60 miles a day to work. damn i miss that truck!
  7. javojjaaf

javojjaaf Member

i got two pics uploaded for ya, also check out the exhaust video and tell me what you think