Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back Rack gap

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by bd1326, Jun 16, 2009.

1. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

just got my back rack back from powder coating, i got tired of the gap between the back rack and front of the tool box because of all the snow and water that got into the bed, so i fabricated an aluminum diamond plate cap for it. there are two cut outs for the two risers of the back rack and i drilled and tapped nine holes to secure the cap to the rack. the tool box and cap fit real snug together but i need to silicone it still to keep the water out still. i had the diamond plate powder coated at the same time as the backrack. if any one wants more pics or if they are interested in doing something similar, let me know, id be glad to help.

Attached Files:

2. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The powder coating came out real nice, and that was a good idea using the wireloom to keep the sharp edges from cutting anything. Keep up the great work! :great:
  3. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

looks like it came that way, great job
  4. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

thanks, i had about two days time to have it ready before our trip to canada, i pretty much finish everything ten minutes before we left
  5. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

thanks, it doesn't move at all considering i have it anhored by nine bolts!