Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

back rack repainting

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bd1326, May 16, 2009.

1. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

i decided to have my back rack powder coated again because of rust comming throught the paint. does anyone have any sand blasting experience with a back rack. i started blasting it last week and barely got anywhere. the stock powder coat to me seems really thick. my suggestion for anyone starting a project like this is to wire wheel the paint first and just etch the metal with the sand blaster. i spent almost five hours on the sand blaster and was only able to finish my two tool box brackets which i repainted once before which i messed up and less than 15% of the main rack which had the stock powder coat on it. anyone else have any other suggestions? i'll try and get pics up this week of the progress

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Pretty much what your already doing, powder coat is a durable coating system when done correctly and real hard to get off.