back seat removal

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by BigrRed18, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

I am trying to install my amp to back of my cab and wanted to know the best way to remove the seats. 2010 extended cab 60/40 seat. and if anyone know the best way to mount the amp to the cab thanks!

2. chevy clint

chevy clint New Member

I want to say there is 6 bolts that hold the seat down. Pick straight up on it, the back of the seat has L shaped brackets on it that are plastic so be careful. I cut a section of the black insulation out and screwed the amp to the back wall.

3. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

alright that sounds simple enough it looks a lot more complicated than that. i was thinking about getting some medium density fiber board and some liquid nail and put that on the cab and drill into the amp into the board.

4. chevy clint

chevy clint New Member

That should work. Just be careful if your amp is very thick and don't mount it behind the hinges on the seat. I put a really nasty scratch on my amp. I would mount it as low as you can for more clearance.

5. BigrRed18

BigrRed18 Rockstar

Alright i think Im going to try to do this today. my amp is not thick at all its just fairly long.