1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back spacing

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Burden33, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

Ok here is the thing i got my 6'' fabtech lift in my garage my truck is being sent out eithere this summer or next. i'm getting 33" tires and im looking at getting 20" rims for it bvut im not sure what size back spacing i should get.
  2. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

with a 6 inch lift I think I would run 35's, but thats just me. :glasses:
  3. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

I want to run 35's but the guys from national four hweel drive said i would have to go from a 3.73 to a 4.10 gear ratio
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Can you list some more info about your truck. I tried to research back-spacing for Fabtech but to many variations so I need to know more. Also it would help to know engine size. 6" kits and 35's go together well but if you only have the 5.3 or smaller then you might consider 4.56's as there is not much difference between the 3.73-4.10. Most 6" lifts suggest 4.5" backspacing.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

my truck is a 2008 chevy silverado with a 5.3 engine with a 3.73 she is the lt crew cab 4x4
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2009
  6. NoelZ71

NoelZ71 New Member

I'd go with a 35 dont worry about the rear end, not that much of a difference. Depending on the width of the wheels you want and how much you want them to stick outside the feder. 20X10 with like a 0 Offset or 20X9 with a 0 to -16 offset. that will set them out there nicely, any lower and they will come to close to rubbing. Just dont go to negative on the offsets. Most wheels have options for stock heights and lifted vehicles.
  7. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

Go with 35's you will be much happier. and dont worry about the gears anway the difference between a 3.73 and 4.10 is not very much anyway. and i dont know why they told you 4.10's, a 4.56 would be well more suited for a 35 anyway.