1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back to AC questions again

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MauryFrench, Feb 5, 2012.

1. MauryFrench

MauryFrench Member

Hello, all.

I have now learned a heck of a lot about automotive AC units. BUT, not enough apparently. Fortunately I started with two new compressors to play with. Now, question one. If a Compressor siezes up and tries to burn off the serpentine belt when you are on the ramp from one highway to another, can you assume its toast? Likely due to a lack of sufficient oil I suspect.

Second, How much oil is necessary in the AC system, and how much should I put in to which part? IE, compressor, accumulator, evaporator, etc?

Thanks
    Maury
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

When you buy the new compressor it should come with oil to be added and the correct amount. as to the other parts, PAC10 (I believe that is the oil) needs to be added per the specs from the mfter (not sure it varies year to year)