1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back-Up Camera

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by karz4life87, Apr 6, 2010.

1. karz4life87

karz4life87 New Member

I am getting ready to install a back-up camera on my 2004 Chevrolet 1500 and I am having trouble finding the reverse signal wire. If anyone could pointe me in the direction for it, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help guys.
  2. anven

anven New Member

Hi - I just installed a backup camera on an 05 1500. Reverse wire is light green, under the steering column. There is a series of 4 plugs with one closest to the radio being 4-5 wires. Reverse is the green one on that plug.

I can send pictures of you need.

Good luck.
  3. karz4life87

karz4life87 New Member

A picture would be great. And one of where you actually mounted the camera too would be nice if at all possibile. Thanks for the help again.
  4. anven

anven New Member

5. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Nicely done. That thing is stealthy and well protected. Do you mind posting up a how-to guide for installing a camera like that?
  6. anven

anven New Member

I plan on adding a second power switch, so that I can turn the camera on while driving (to check on trailer contents) - that will require un-buttoning things again. I will try to take some detailed pics and post a quick how-to. Meanwhile I'd be happy to answer any questions.
  7. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

:great: Nice Installation.
  8. Stealth

Stealth New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sweet, I'll be watching for it.
  9. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 New Member 100 Posts

with my eclipse avn6620 i dont neeed that i have the option to have the camera on ,gps or dvd i can have a movie in my other monitor and gps in the main screen ... i have 2 cameras uno the roll pan and the other one on the 3rdbrake light conected to my rearview monior
  10. karz4life87

karz4life87 New Member

Thanks for all the help guys. will let you know how my install goes tomarrow. Rain post poned my plans. thanks again