Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Back up lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rlee, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Rlee

Rlee Member

Well be that as it may I love my window tint but it's rough backing up of a night and I also from time to time pull someone out of a ditch or whatever and I also have a car trailer so lighting would be really nice. I had looked at the White Night back up lights and just hated to spend that on something that I could replicate and I didn't want to have to relocate the trailer light hook up. So I grabed some fog lights from Wally World and came up with this. I haven't got them finished yet but I believe I will wire them into a switch and possibly into the back up lights (3 way switch or something of the like).

Here is how I have them mounted for now. I wanted smaller round ones but these have the beam I like and are more concentrated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looks good... You could rig up a double relay system to turn them on... So they will come on with your reverse lights and come on via a switch for use when not in reverse...
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I know a lot of people who have used the round lights under the rear bumper, and usually within a year they drive up on something and end up breaking one off! I think the way you have them mounted is perfect, because you would have to smash the whole hitch up into them to get them to break. Plus they don't stand out like crazy, nothing says hillbilly like a pair of reverse lights and a John Deere sticker J/K....:sign0020:

They look sweet though, keep up the great work!
  4. TritonBoulder47

Once the weather breaks I'll be doing this with my lightbar thats on my roof... I have some work lights that I'm going to be hooking up to come on with my reverse lights and on a separate switch... I'm also thinking about putting a set of fog lights that I have laying around under the bumper somewhere...

The center clear lights on my lightbar will be hooked up with my reverse lights...
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  5. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice triton, i don't remember having seen the rear of your light bar before
  6. TritonBoulder47

Oops... My bad... LoL
  7. Stealth

its all good, just don't do it again. lol, just messing man
  8. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Great idea! Looks nice! Does it help you out a night now? :glasses:
  9. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

If he sees u ,,he is going to trow u in jail for posting to much nonsence :lol::rofl:
  10. Stealth

does that mean you would get life inprisonment?