Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Backup Camera, And a GPS.

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 1953bowtieguy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Now that I have my laptop, and Delorme Topo 10.0, the Laptop Mount for the truck will be ordered shortly, and I will use it for a 17 inch GPS unit. That is the only way to do GPS :)

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

[MENTION=50075]SurrealOne[/MENTION] So ur gps is in your deck or is that just another thing kenwood makes?

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm sorry, i can into this mid stream. Did you say 17-inch gps?

4. 1953bowtieguy

Ya he did, i think he means it would be his laptop screen.

5. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Which is nothing short of BA! But then again, I've always likes the idea of laptop integration.

6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yep, I have been using my 10 inch netbook with Windows 7 and Delorme street atlas and Topo 8.0, and 9.0 as a GPS over my center console for 3 years now with a USB GPS unit.......

I finally was able to afford my 17inch Alienware laptop. So Delorme Topo 10.0 North American (US, Canada and Mexico) is going on it.

The Topo maps give me elevation as well as 2D street navigation.

But for me to effectively accomplish that, (So the 17 inch laptop does not slide around), I need to get a Laptop Mount like the Tow truckers, Police, EMT's, Power company trucks use....... to lock it down while driving.

That will give me a 17inch GPS unit when I am driving and I will not have to wait for Google Maps to update if I loose cellular service in the mountains because all the detailed maps on on the hard drive.

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Certain Kenwood head units have Garmin GPS integrated into them. The Excelon series (which is what my DNX-6960 is) is one such unit.

8. 1953bowtieguy

I wish i would have known tht before i put my new deck in. Darn.:no: