1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bad Alternator?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by jbaniaga, Nov 30, 2010.

1. jbaniaga

jbaniaga New Member

2006 Chevy TB

Recently noticed that the battery gauge on my cluster will fluctuate from the normal 14, DOWN to the line between 9 & 14 in parked gear. In drive, while at stop lights or stop signs, the car starts to pulse and the battery gauge starts to pulse down as well. At night, the lights also fluctuate as if power was being drained. The battery checked fine, but was wondering if it could be the alternator as well as how easy is it to D-I-Y?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Sound like the alternator. They are a pain in the a** to change on a 4.2 Trailblazer, the bottom bolt.

3. kelonthomas74

kelonthomas74 New Member

I have a 06 Trailblazer with the same problem. I was told it was the alternator so I replaced it. Turns out I still have the same problem. Its fine as long as I'm driving but as soon as I'm sitting still my lights start to dim & the motor revs up & down. I'm starting to think its in throttle control because as long as I'm at 700 rpm's its fine but as soon as it drops to 500 I start having problems.