Audio Bad Bose Speaker

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by stinger44, Mar 8, 2013.

1. stinger44

stinger44 Rockstar

I have a bad right front door Bose speaker in my 04 Silverado. I've searched this thread and haven't found an exact answer. I know the Bose aren't the greatest speakers but I'm seriously thinking of replacing it with the OEM part. Unless someone can tell me of a turn key speaker from another manufacturer I can replace it with that's cheaper, that's what I'm thinking of doing.

I would prefer a used/rebuilt one but I haven't seen a site when googling that I can buy one from. Junkyards can be iffy.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Do you want to replace all the speakers? I would..

3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I put all new sony xplode speakers in my silverado (as I plan on getting a new head unit) for under 200. Much better sound!

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If you can get the part number from the dealer then you can search amazon or another site. I am pretty sure that it has an Delco part number. Check out GMpartsclub.com, enter your vin or year, make, model and search the word speaker. I found it there along with a part # ACDelco-15236987, I would verify that number with your vin though. Then I would search that number on the web and find the best price.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. dobey

dobey Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I'd just go aftermarket. Polk speakers are quite good, and pretty cheap.