1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bad brake caliper?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Crispyt, May 16, 2011.

1. Crispyt

Crispyt Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 1995 C1500 truck. Recently I had to replace my passenger side brake caliper because the bleeder screw snapped. I noticed that the caliper was releasing slower than the one on the driver side and it seemed to drag a small amount but not much. I thought that it may have been a defective one so I went and got another one and it didnt make a difference. Im pretty sure that I got all the air out of the system so could it just be that the brake caliper needs to, "break in"? I haven't heard of calipers doing that or need to break in but could it be that or something different? Basicaly the driver side one releases and spins freely almost instantly after you take the foot off the brake, and the new one takes about 2-5secs before I can spin it with my hands without fighting it. (This is without the tires on either one, im spining it from the rotor only.

Thanks for your time and help all!

2. jt1200r

jt1200r New Member

could be the flex line the rubber deteriotes on the inside