Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bad Distributor??

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by mrcaddy, Feb 11, 2010.

1. mrcaddy

mrcaddy Rockstar

I have a 1995 Chevy C1500 Suburban with just over 200,000 miles on the 350. Last Summer I changed the cap and rotor. When I took it apart I noticed that it looked like the rotor was 'chewing' out the inside of the cap. I put a new one on and ever since then it has made a whirring noise. It's hard to describe and it's sort of high pitched. I can't say that it's coming from there as I hear it best from the driver's seat as if it's coming out from the dash. A week after this began I took the cap off and found nothing odd, but this noise persists. Currently I can make it go away by turing up my favorite tunes, but I know that doesn't fix it. Just today I put a piece of pvc pipe against it while it was running and could hear this noise coming from the distributor.
    So, is it time for a new one? Thanks,Scott