1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad Fuel Pump on the 8.1 Vortec?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Jason2325, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

I was doing a compression check on my truck the other day. When I took out the spark plugs they looked like crap and only burning on one side. I had just replaced the plugs not even 6 months ago. So I continued with the compression check and then got online to see what the compression read on a 8.1 liter should be I had know luck with finding it but I did read somthing about these trucks having bad fuel pumps. Does anyone know anything about this and if I do need to replace it do I need to order a new one or aftermarket one? Also I never found what the PSI should be in 8.1 all my reads where above 175 and I think that sounds right. Any help would be nice. 2012-03-15 15.44.09.jpg 2012-03-15 15.43.46.jpg 2012-03-15 15.43.56.jpg
  2. Jason2325

Jason2325 Member

What make, model, year? We need more info.