Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Bad Luck!! Or IS IT?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by cupofjoe, Jan 9, 2008.

1. cupofjoe

cupofjoe New Member

Just bought an 08 silverado monday...

MSRP $39,999,99 LT1 Has every thing the LTZ has but no wood grain, and instead of the center console it has the bench seat.....

Dealer was having an anniversary sale. Everything in the lot was droped $5,000 from msrp and after rebates the sticker price was $33,883.00

Still haggeled for a bargaian and got it even cheaper!!!!!:great:

So here is the deal I was going to pay cash for it and i couldn't find anything like it at any other lot so I put a down payment on it so they would hold for 5 days....this was monday 1/7/08 that night we had 4 hail storms and tornados come through.....I was watching the news all night :erf:

My wife called first thing in the morning and asked if our truck had been damaged......a few hours later they called back and said the hood had one ding on it. On the hood about the size of your thumb print!!!!!:shocked:

They said they would fix it and you would never know....or if I didn't want it, I didn't have to buy it..........at first I was pissed. I felt like I was buying a used truck at a new truck price...

Half the options weren't even on the options sheet in the window? Even the salesman had to get out and look at the tailgate to make sure it wasn't an LTZ when we test drove it. He came back and said nope its an LT, He said I think some one screwed up at the factory.

My wife said i was being petty. I decide to go ahead and buy it.

So my question is, would have done the same?

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sounds to me like you got a good deal and scored on some extra goodies as well! Congrats on your new purchase!:great:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

They fixed the hail ding? I guess it there is only one I wouldn't worry about it and would quietly walk away with the truck. :)

Most dealers around here have huge insurance policies for this type of thing, becuase the Texas skys can open up like crazy and rain down hail like there's no tomorow. They get the insurance money and discount the vehicle a few grand, but I think it takes away the warranty (if I remember right ... I know someone who bought one and it was all pock marked but he didn't care he saved a lot on it)