1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad Throttle Response..Doesnt accelerate like i want it to

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Silverado1500, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Silverado1500

Silverado1500 New Member 100 Posts

alright, heres the deal. i have good throttle response if i dont floor it. but if im cruising and every now and then i wanna feel the power, i floor it. but it seems as if it barley accelerates. its like im better off pushing the petal slowly. its like an off and on thing. sometimes it wants to take off and most of the time it doesnt....

any ideas? had a tune up not to long ago. this year. (fuel filter, plugs, plug wires, oil change w/filter as well, seafoamed) also changed the PVC valve, fuel regulator, TPS)

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

i also have a CAI and custom exhaust with magnaflow
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Try cleaning the MAF with CRC MAF cleaner, don't use throttlebody cleaner on the MAF. Make sure its MAF cleaner. CRC is the only MAF cleaner that I've seen. Its in a silver can.
  3. Silverado1500

should i disconnect the battery as well to reset the ECU?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Never hurts to disconnect the battery when working on the truck. Also I would take off the throttlebody and clean with CRC throttlebody cleaner and a SOFT old toothbrush.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Also taking a look at your fuel pressure wouldnt hurt since it seems that when you floor it the pressure isnt there.. Also a Throttle position sensor sweep test would probably be a good idea since a weak or bad TPS can also rear its ugly head and when you stomp on it the TPS doesnt tell the computer that you have the throttle opened all the way.
  6. Silverado1500

yeah i was planning on cleaning the throttle body as well because i have to take the intake off anyways haha. and the TPS i changed about a couple months ago. but doesnt hurt to check it
  7. murdog94

It never hurts since im pretty sure the vast majority would agree its not the first time that a replacement part failed.
  8. Silverado1500

alright i finally got everything running great! then a week later, it goes back to where it was....
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010
  9. Silverado1500

i can be going at a steady speed and when i give it gas, it accelerates slowly barley increasing rpms staying around 2000 till i floor it, then it gives some power
  10. murdog94

What did you do to repair it?