1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bad weather in DFW

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We're expecting some cold temps and rain/ice mix, so there go my Saturday chores, including the final stage of my fence project. :evil:

Well, it will be a good weeekend to stay in the house and get some family time and try get some stuff done around the house.
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

See, there's a bright side to every situation. Some are just harder to see than others.
  3. ChevyFan

we lost power this morning, I guess I can get into the net w/o power on my laptop if the battery holds up. Everything is shut down this weekend, lots of stores closed early yesterday, churches closed today, probably will not go into work tomorrow and will just remote into my desktop.

I live near a well-used 4-lane road, and I've not seen a car on it but like every 5 minutes. Very odd. There are sheets of ice on the road and it's raining again at 33F, so when it freezes again this afternoon we'll have curb-to-curb ice.
  4. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We live no less than 1/4 mile from a Wal Mart Supercenter, When we had an ice storm a few years ago and lost power.

Wal Mart had Power, we were without power from my house all the way to the next town.

Hope you are lukier than us.

Forgot to say that we were without power for 9 days.
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It is cold here in the Mojave desert. So cold that the pool has a layer of ice on it! Not ready to skate on just yet, but I've never had it ice over in the 5 years I've owned it. Must be that darned global warming that Al Gore keeps warning us about.
    [​IMG]
  6. ChevyFan

Global warming. :) The average tempuature has raised about 1F over the past 100 years, that's it, that's the major catastrophy. Towns that were at 88.1F are now about 89.1F for a typical temp. I think that some of these folks say that we've made the environment "angry" and it will get even with us. Anyhow, if you want more ice on your pool, better run your Burb longer to get some more CFCs in the atmosphere.
  7. ChevyFan

I lived in Washington State from age 6 to 25, and eastern Washington from 6-14. We used to go to Diamond lake, north of Spokane, and I remember us driving a Suburban out on that lake. That's how cold it got. :)
  8. ChevyFan

YIKES, we got a power surge and I just lost a bunch of lights in my kitchen. 4 lights are out, burned up. :-O
  9. ChevyFan

We lost power for about an hour, looks like ice is building up on the power lines across the street, etc. AT&T/SBC vans are going up to the boxes in the junction house in the park next to my house as well. We may be in for some fun. :) Get to break out the propane stoves and lanterns. :)
  10. ChevyFan