1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ball joints and upper control arm

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Stonewall42, Jun 2, 2011.

  1. Stonewall42

    Stonewall42 New Member

  2. silveradotrailblazer

    silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Well according to the add it . will fit your truck. The upper control are balljoints for your truck are replaceable. They are pressed-in. Some people use a portable type press with the upper control arm still mounted on the truck. I like to remove the upper control arm (takes a minute or two after disconnecting the steering knuckle) and use a shop floor mounted press. I think this is easier than a portable press and more stable when pressing the old joint out and the new joint in.
  3. Stonewall42

    Stonewall42 New Member

    Even though my truck is a 4wd that will fit?
  4. silveradotrailblazer

    silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    Sorry I missed the Z-71 in you trucks description. Thats a 2wd arm. You can buy the balljoint only for about $30.00 for your truck.
  5. Stonewall42

    Stonewall42 New Member

    Thanks though, im gonna get on that quick

Share This Page