Newest Gallery Photos

  1. Chevy Truck Forum

    Welcome To!

    The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

    Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

    Join Today ~ It's Free

    Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Ball joints?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Kdogg05, Nov 15, 2012.

  1. Kdogg05

    Kdogg05 Rockstar

    I have a bottom balljoint gone in my 05 z71. is it true you have to replace the whole control arm or how do you get the old joint out? thanks!
  2. Pikey

    Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    I have been told that some are press in and some require a complete arm replacement. I wish that I knew what the correct answer was, as I have an 05 yukon and may be doing them soon. Autozone sells a press in ball joint for it and a complete arm. You should be able to tell by looking at the ball joint on your truck for a snap ring. If they are press out. You "rent" the press from autozone or another store. Remove the snap ring, and have at it.
  3. Pikey

    Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

    ***Moved to Silverado/Sierra forum as requested by Original Poster!***
  4. RayVoy

    RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Share This Page