1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bank 2 anybody????

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by vncj96, May 25, 2009.

1. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Which bank is which on a 350, I need to replace the O2 sensor but cant find which bank is number 2??????
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If memory serves me correctly bank 2 is passenger side.

edit- I actually had to go out to my truck to remind me which was which. Bank 2 is passenger side, Bank 1 is driver's side.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

bank 2 anybody

Bank 2 is always passanger side.
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that is correct always the passenger side for bank 2

sensor 1 is pre cat sensor 2 is post cat, if you needed that
  5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Now the only problem is getting the sensor out, I have sprayed it with penetrater for let it soak for 24 hours now and it still wont budge!
  6. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Jason- It was a PITA to get one of mine out. There's an offset wrench/socket head you can get that might make it a little easier. I had bought one and gave it a whirl. It didn't work for me. Went to the shop I use often and he was able to have it cracked loose within a minute while it was up on the lift.

To make things simpler, and you probably know, make sure the exhaust is somewhat hot. The metal expands and might make it a little easier to get it out.

Good luck,
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Use a torch and get the fitting as hot as you can. Spray some PB or whatever you like around the threads of the fitting. The PB will shock cool the threads which helps break the corrosion. Plus the PB will wick down in the threads. You may want to do this several times over a half hour or so. A MAPP gas torch is OK if you don't have Oxy-Acetylene