Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Banks or Volant CAI?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by StevieBlues, Apr 13, 2010.

1. StevieBlues

StevieBlues New Member

I'm looking into getting a CAI for my '04 Sierra 5.3. The two brands that have caught my eye are Banks and Volant. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions on which I should choose?

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

banks or volant cai

I have Banks in my 05 Z-71, best CAI I've ever had.

3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have Volant on my '05 Z71, best CAI I've ever had.

4. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Sorry, I couldn't help myself, :happy: But to answer your question properly, either one would be a great choice, I can't really give any specifics about either one and most of the stuff you read are "manufacturer's claims" anyway, which if you believe those I have a bridge I can sell you. For the most part CAI's are pretty much all the same, so you can base your decision on any number of things such as price, looks, oiled or oilless, it's up to you. I chose Volant because I'd had one before, about 10 years ago, and back then they were pretty new and I like to be different! Plus I really like the looks of the new one's under the hood.

[​IMG]

5. derekj

derekj Rockstar

The cheapest is to keep what you have. You can drill a few holes in the bottom for more flow, but you will never need anymore flow than what your stock system can deliver. The stock filter also pretty much filters out dust better than the aftermarket.

6. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

I'd look at S&B. Great fit and awesome filtration.They have lots of Filter options as well.

7. StevieBlues

StevieBlues New Member

Thanks for the input guys. I'm still not sure,guess I'll have to sleep on it a little more. This week I'm planning on buying a Diablosport Predator and whatever CAI on decide on.

8. StevieBlues

StevieBlues New Member

Yes,that Volant looks awfully purty under the hood!

9. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

I was looking at the banks after you mentioned it, wasnt aware they made one for the newer gas trucks. Looks nice. When I have an extra 300 to 400 bucks I may snatch one up. Banks is very well known for their performance enhancements. A buddy of mine had a banks package on his dodge cummins, man that thing hauled ass, it was bad ass. he had the cai, programmer, exhaust and turbo gauges......and whatever else the package came with. It woke up his truck.

10. StevieBlues

StevieBlues New Member

Just ordered the Banks from Summit. It was close,though. I almost went with the Volant...