1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Banks Power intake on my Vortec.

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Bruiser76, Sep 6, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Bruiser76

Bruiser76 New Member

Hey all,

Just a quick update: I recently put a Banks Power air intake on my 6.0L Vortec. If anyone really wants to see pics, I can certainly oblige, but the important thing I took away from all of this is I got about 1.3 MPG increase. It may not seem like a lot, but every bit can help. Plus, I'm planning on putting a new exhaust on the Beast, so maybe I'll squeeze more mileage out of her. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for listening everyone.

2. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Pics would be great! Also if you don't mind what did the banks system set you back? Thanks.

3. Hoss2500

Hoss2500 Member

I'd love to see pics.

What year is your truck?

4. Bruiser76

Bruiser76 New Member

I have a 2007 (new body) 2500HD. I got the intake on sale for about $350 from Banks Power. Installation was real simple. I must've been..if a knuckle-dragger like me can do it. It took me about 45 minutes. I installed it at night with limited lighting, otherwise I probably could've done it quicker. I'll post some pics tomorrow. It's raining pretty good today. Tomorrow's supposed to be better.

5. Hoss2500

Hoss2500 Member

I keep checking the Banks website. Waiting for them to put one out for an '09 model. Their website says that the 08 model will not fit......

Still waiting......

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

1.3 increase isn't bad for the investment!

7. Bruiser76

Bruiser76 New Member

Hoss, you should give Bank's a call. They might end up just saying that this intake would work for an 09 as well. What's the worst they can say, right?

8. Hoss2500

Hoss2500 Member

True! I may give them a call tomorrow!

9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Banks Power intake on my vortec

I also picked up alittle over 1mpg when I installed on my 05 Z-71, 5.3. I got mine back in the beginning of the year when they had a $35.00 rebate. Ive had other CAI and this is the best one yet.

10. snider30

snider30 New Member

Banks

Is Banks about the biggest bang for the buck or am I better off going with the K&N for my intake?