Banks Powerpack system.

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 03 Black Sunshine, Apr 26, 2010.

1. 03 Black Sunshine

03 Black Sunshine Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey gang I was thinking of going with the Banks Powerpack system. Does anyone have any experience with it or just with banks?? From what I can tell the dudes at Banks got it goin on. I was also wondering what kinda price range I would be looking at??

The powerpack comes with a Ram-Air intake, torque tube exhaust mans, and a 3 inch exhaust.

I read about an install in Street Trucks but they didnt give n e numbers.

Thanks for the help.

Tim

2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I think you should go for it. Banks is a great company but im only familiar with their diesel products ive seen in Diesel World. They are a great company and i think their mods would really help your truck.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

banks powerpack system

Cant go wrong with Banks. They didnt have a system back in 2005 when I modified my 05 Z-71. I would have gone with them. I have JBA shortie headers, Magnaflow cat-back and I have installed the Banks CAI which is the best CAI I've had. I had K&N,Airaid,Volant and Aem but the Banks seems to be the best. If my headers or exhaust ever go bad I will replace with Banks. I worked at a shop for over 8 years and we installed alot of Banks on the Deisels and never had any issues so I'm sure the gas kits work and fit as well as the deisels.

4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was playing around with the idea of the powerpack also, but could not find any hp or ftlb numbers. Seems like a great upgrade.

5. 03 Black Sunshine

Okay heres the skinny. I talked to a Banks rep the other night on the phone,( which happend to be the same night I requested info), which to me speaks volumes about the company itself. And the dude told me I could expect about 30-40 hp gain. And about the same ft lbs of torque. Which for bolt on is pretty substantial.

He said including electronics and everything,( which leads me to believe it may even be adjustable to a degree). Around 1600-1800 buckaroonies.

And after further reflection considering everything you get: RAI, Troquetube exhaust mans ( which look to me to be a 4 into 1 header design), 3 inch exhaust and all electronics, isnt to bad a price.

He also told me that buying from him would be buying factory direct and I would get all the tech support and warranty service that I would ever need.

The sales rep I talked to is Mitch, he didnt tell me a last name, so there may be like 30 mitchs there LOL, but he is a great guy and super willing to talk shop with ya. Give em a look over, I think I will prolly save up the bones to get it.

Hope this helps,

Tim

6. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

I am considering the Banks intake and monster exhaust for my 08. Wonder what kind of HP/TQ numbers that combo would put down minus the headers?

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

banks powerpack system

I would try Jegs, they seem to have better prices than Banks themselves and Jegs has free shipping. You still get tech support with any Banks part no matter where you buy it.

8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is awesome news. It really is a good price for tunner, intake, headers & exhaust!

9. 03 Black Sunshine

I got some more info today, they sent me a catalog. It is a pretty general catalog with kits for chevy ford dodge nissan and jeep. they offer a host of products that can be used seperate or together. But for the most part they offer two main kits. Powerpack kits and stinger kits, the only difference being they stinger kits do not come with the torquetube exhaust mans.

They both come with the Ottomind code scanner/programmer. Which I might add is also upgradeable.

Oh yeah I checked Jegs today also and they only offer the banks exhaust. or at least thats is all that was listed. and it alone sells for 460.00.

As soon as my finances are so lopsided im gonna go for it.:happy::gasp:

Tim