1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Barn doors [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ckulak, Dec 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ckulak

ckulak New Member

Has anyone heard of a conversion kit or instructions on how to open the barn doors from the inside...kinda like the secret service or FBI suburbans you see in the movies?
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

RE: Barn doors

No, but I'm sure that they're out there, and probably not hard to install. I'll look around and see if I can find something to post on this.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

huh, it's just a lever, I suppose a machine shop could make it for you. Of course, you need to get matching trim, etc.
  4. esponet

esponet Rockstar

the most simple way i saw was a guy that used a solenoid, (ones for the door on car alarms) and riged it with a switch on the inside of the barn door, as you push on the door to open, you push on the switch and it activates the solenoid that pulls or push on the lever from the handle on the outside.
  5. ChevyFan

Actually, that's a pretty good idea I suppose. Just need to throw the switch.
  6. ChevyFan

Actually, that's a pretty good idea I suppose. Just need to throw the switch.
  7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I was thinking that would work. I'd still like to see a interior handle. Haven't found anything yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.